The Ginninderra Catchment Group supports its volunteers to undertake environmental activities in a number of ways. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds and with different interests. Some are keen to improve the areas surrounding their homes, whilst others have an interests in specific issues such as water quality, weed management, education or threatened flora and fauna. The Group recognises that there are many ways through which members can support our activities, from more rigorous activities such as weed removal or revegetation, to contributing to our working groups or helping out with administrative tasks.
Become a Member
To become a member of the Ginninderra Catchment Group, just fill in one of the forms below and submit. We have 2 levels of membership; groups and supporters.
Any Landcare group or related environmental stewardship group can apply to become members of GCG.
- Newsletters and information regularly
- Assistance with project development, administration, applying for grants and financial management
- GCG can provide access to free or discounted workshops, field trips, forums and events at various times
- Opportunities for members to take part in informal knowledge sharing of experience, ideas and stories and cross-pollination of ideas between groups/landholders.
- Access to formal local and national representation and knowledge-sharing through Landcare ACT and the National Landcare Network.
- Opportunities to meet like-minded and engaged Landcare Opportunities to come together with rural landholders, urban conservation volunteers and Aboriginal interests
- Access to expertise and capacity for specific issues
- Easy access to resources and equipment at no charge, e.g. meeting rooms, weed control and revegetation equipment
- Becoming a member of the Ginninderra Catchment Group ensures that you are covered by the Ginninderra Catchment Group’s public liability insurance whilst participating in Catchment Group activities. Information provided here will not be provided to any third party without your agreement.
Supporters of Ginninderra Catchment Group
Individuals can come “supporters’ which allows them to get our newsletters and other communications. The Ginninderra Catchment Group encourages individuals to become members of Landcare groups, and access more services that GCG provides.
From time to time there are opportunities to assist in the office in tasks, such as proofreading documents, filing and data entry. Currently, we are keen to have some assistance in scanning and organising archival photos and documents which are important to our and our member groups history.
Please, if you are part of a group, an interested individual, or interested in forming a new stewardship group, contact us, or follow us on Facebook @GinninderraCatchmentGroup