The Landcare Education Program
Schools can involve their teachers and students in a range of Landcare activities that have educational, environmental and community enhancement benefits. These activities can be either
- linked to the existing work of Landcare and Parkcare Groups and their on-ground activities including landscape revegetation, weed control, creek rehabilitation and wetland development and management, or
- specifically tailored to meet the individual needs of schools.
Activities can include:
- Improving the landscape health of school premises.
- Adopting an area beyond the school grounds for landscape improvement
- Participating in education activities to improve knowledge and understanding of catchment management and the impact of urban and other development on catchment health.
- Receiving training in landscape vegetation.
Contact the Catchment Coordinator to discuss activities suitable for your school group.