GCG’s mission is to ‘connect, support and lead local communities to maintain and improve the health of the Ginninderra Catchment and surrounding environments’.
GCG is both a community-based natural resource management organisation and a Landcare network, operating primarily in the north-west ACT Region. We support17 Landcare Groups (including Parkcare, urban, rural, junior, and Aboriginal Landcare Groups) and coordinate numerous community engagement and landscape-scale restoration programs.
GCG is one of three community Catchment Groups is the ACT. It has strong partnerships with local, regional and national bodies. Current GCG priority program areas can be seen here.
GCG provides a network for our member groups and volunteers; linking the catchment community with the ACT Government and other stakeholders, providing assistance with project development and implementation, and facilitating community forums for ideas and discussion. Our organisation has demonstrated significant achievements in integrated environmental activities across all tenures (rural, urban and reserve) and landscape types in the ACT Region.
The Ginninderra Catchment Group is run by a volunteer committee.
December 2018 – December 2019 Committee
Convenor Sandy Lolicato
Vice Convenor Dr Ken Hodgkinson
Secretary Elena Grigorieva
Treasurer John Connelly
Education Officer Yvette Perine
Public Officer Fred Fawke
General Members Wally Bell, Raj Kaus
Executive Officer – Karissa Preuss
Waterwatch Coordinator – Bruno Ferronato
ACT Frogwatch Coordinator – Anke Maria Hoefer
Projects Officer – Fiona Spier
Bookkeeper – Julian Low
Ginninderra Catchment Group Strategy, 2000
Ginninderra Catchment Group Strategy 2000 (1MB) – The Ginninderra Catchment Group has developed clear strategic priorities to improve the health, diversity and productivity of the catchment and creek system. Unfortunately, hard copies are not currently available.
Ginninderra Catchment Group Brochures
(Barton HWY to Macgregor)(1.5 MB)
- Includes Plant List and Planting Templates
- Find out about the history and habitat values of the Mulligans Flat Nature Reserve. This leaflet includes some suggested walking trails with a map of the reserve.
- Dunlop Grasslands Brochure – Find out about the significance of the Dunlop Grasslands Nature Reserve. Includes a map of the Reserve.
- Are these weeds invading your neighborhood? – Find out about 3 silent invaders: Chilean Needle Grass, Serrated Tussock and African Love Grass.
The Ginninderra Catchment Group supports volunteers to undertake environmental activities in a number of ways. Our current members come from a variety of backgrounds and their interests vary. Some members are motivated by improving the areas surrounding their homes, whilst others have specific interests in issues such as water quality, weed management, education or threatened flora and fauna. The Group recognises that many of our members are not interested or unable to participate in the more rigorous activities such as weed removal or revegetation but can provide invaluable support in other ways, often through our working groups or helping out with administrative tasks.
Become a Member
The Ginninderra Catchment Group encourages and supports membership by individual volunteers. Individual volunteers need not be directly associated with one of our Landcare groups, but may like to be involved in activities in different geographic areas or from time to time.
The Group aims to provide a wide range of volunteering opportunities for people from all walks of life, with different interests and skills. A range of flexible volunteering roles exist such as:
- Conducting research into different aspects of best practice environmental management.
- Providing input to Group submissions and plans on various issues.
- Assisting with graphic design and publishing of various documents.
- Assisting in administration activities such as proof-reading documents, typing, filing and data entry.
How Do I Get Involved?
Alternatively, contact one of the Coordinators to find out more about the groups not listed below.
- Jarramlee Park Landcare (Dunlop)
- Friends of Aranda Bushland
- Friends of Mount Painter
- Macgregor Landcare Group
- Mount Rogers Landcare Group
- North Belconnen Landcare Group
- Umbagong Landcare Group
- Friends of the Pinnacle
- Giralang Pond Landcare Group
- Holt Community Parkcarers
- Friends of Mulligans Flat
- Crace Landcare Group
- Mulanggang Traditional Aboriginal Landcare Group
- Wallaroo Landcare Group
- Sutton Landcare Group